Greetings! I have 4+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry, from Technical Support through backend roles. Looking forward to applying my recent cloud engineering knowledge and exposure.
This website you are looking at, is an end product of the cloud resume challenge. The project challenges participants to produce a website running on serverless cloud infrastructure and building a CI/CD pipeline. The website is written in HTML, CSS and continuously deployed to an S3 bucket and cloudfront CDN. The provisioning of the backend infrastructure is automated using the CICD pipeline that runs on Github Actions deploying AWS SAM / Cloudformation artifacts, with Py unit tests integrated. A REST API is created using AWS API Gateway. This API powered by AWS Lambda (running Python) handles updates to a DynamoDB table. You can read more about my experience participating in this challenge in this blog post.
Etheus, deployed on AWS, leverages the transparency, speed, and data security of Ethereum blockchain (Ropsten testnet) for B2C health data exchange. Provisioned two EC2 instances running Ubuntu. Installed Ethereum for Ubuntu and launched a Geth node to send out transactions. Wrote Python scripts that import realtime medical data from wearable devices, onto the smart contract. Used twilio's REST API to notify users after a successful B2C transaction.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Major: MS Information Systems
- Association for computing machinery, ACM; CCNY Chapter Member
DawaCare won the social impact award at the 2017 Zahn Innovation Center's Venture Competition.
- I have worked with the product manager to develop designs and specifications for the AWS backend such as RDS schemas, ER data modeling and general system architecture.
- Played a key role in migrating backend services and onPrem data to the cloud.
- Implemented and managed IAM security policies and roles.
- Tuning and administration of database instances - OnPrem Instance and Aurora/PostgreSQL instance.
- Participated in data analysis using SQL and contributed to impact reports.
- Provided guidance on software configuration best practices to client’s specific infrastructure requirements
- Travelled to client sites to install Leica Geosystems Infrastructure such as GNSS systems, Geomos, and Positioning solutions
- Responded to service-related, support emails and calls via Helpdesk; escalating issues as required according to standard operating procedures
- Tested new firmware, upgrades and updates
- Documenting issues, updating technical articles, and maintaining client database You may read a magazine story about one exciting project I was a part of here. This was a slope monitoring solution that has a field unit (comprised of a LIDAR sensor, EDM sensor and meteo sensor), a networking unit, and a proprietary software stack that runs in a VM. I played a key role in configuring the router and the sensors to stream data to the backend stack over TCP/IP with a Radio transmission failover. Actively involved in setting up a RDB (PostgreSQL) instance and designing the schema for logging geospatial data.